St. Charles-de-Percy can be a little tricky to find. From the little hamlet of La Ferroniere turn left onto the D56 and right again after a few hundred metres. The War Cemetery will then be found on the left hand side. There is designated off-road parking area.
The Cemetery is the southernmost of the Normandy cemeteries with the majority of the graves belonging to those who died in late July and early August 1944 in the push made from Caumont l'Evente towards Vire, to drive a wedge between the German 7th Army and Panzer Group West.
St. Charles-de-Percy War Cemetery contains 809 graves, including that of Sir Walter Balfour Barttelot, the Brigadier briefly in command of 6th Guards Tank Brigade. He was killed in action on 16th August 1944 near Vassy. After Operation Grouse he was on a scouting mission with his driver. Their jeep hit a landmine and both were killed.